15 April 2013
The Low Emission Development Strategies Global Partnership (LEDS GP), a network of almost 100 countries and international institutions supporting collaboration and peer learning on low emission development strategies, has launched a no-cost finance advisory service. LEDS Expert Assistance on Finance is available to countries developing and implementing LEDS, and provides virtual consultation and advice on financing strategies, policies and/or programs. The service connects country teams with an extensive network of financing professionals for quick-response advice and assistance.
Who is Eligible for Assistance?
The service is available to developing country government agencies preparing and implementing LEDS as well as technical institutes supporting these agencies.
What Types of Assistance are Available?
Services requested may include email or phone consultations with our network of professionals to:
- Review draft financing strategies
- Compile information on financing, investment, and funding options
- Advise on policies and measures for mobilizing investment
- Provide information to help match your project to finance, investment and funding sources
- Identify opportunities and sources for LEDS finance capacity building.
Who Provides the Assistance?
Our network of advisors includes experts from:
- Climate Development Knowledge Network (CDKN)
- Climate Technology Initiative Private Financing Advisory Network (CTI PFAN)
- E3G–Third Generation Environmentalism
- LEAD Program (Nexant)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
How do I Submit a Request?
Submit your request. After you submit your request, a LEDS finance moderator will initiate a conversation within two business days, and an expert will contact you shortly thereafter. If you have questions about the program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.