Senior Energy Consultant, EmPowered Caribbean Communities
Gary Johnson has over 20 years of extensive experience designing, leading and managing sustainable energy projects within the Caribbean, working primarily within the energy and tourism sectors. He brings world-class methods and practices to engineering design of HVAC systems, sustainable energy development, modelling of processes and plant requirements using best practice engineering and management to create energy efficient, cost-effective operation through energy conservation and project management execution. He has a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, MSc in Project Management, B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, and he is a Certified Energy Manager.
Experience and Projects
- Energy Consultant, Caribbean (2010-present)
- Sandals Resort International clean energy solutions
- UWI Mona Campus clean energy solutions
- Government of Jamaica: Project Management and Technical Services for Jamaica’s Power Generation expansion projects, Regulatory and licence reform, Electricity Tariff review et al
- Energy Auditing/Management and Caribbean Energy market analyst
- CESRI Energy Research, Project Management and Renewable Energy Development and deployment
- World Bank Consultant: Development of a World Bank LCSEG Strategy Note for the OECS Full and
- Associate Members Participation in the Eastern Caribbean Energy Regulatory Authority (ECERA)
- Consultant for the development of the Caribbean Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Government of Canada, Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development: Multi- Country Sector
- Assessment: Clean Technology Opportunities in the Caribbean Market.