In collaboration with the International Solar Alliance (ISA)—which more includes more than 70 signatory countries—the Solutions Center provides access to many resources and services aimed at helping achieve the common goal of increasing the use of solar energy to safely, conveniently, affordably, equitably and sustainably meet countries' energy needs.
From the Clean Energy Solutions Center
- Public Policy Recommendations to Encourage the Development of a Distributed Solar Generation Market in Sao Paulo (6 December 2018)
- Building Blocks for Distributed PV Deployment, Part 2: Interconnection and Public Policy (23 May 2018)
- Building Blocks for Distributed PV Deployment, Part 1: Goals, Definitions and Compensation (10 May 2018)
- Understanding the Impact of Distributed Photovoltaic on Utility Revenues and Retail Electricity Rates: Case Study on Thailand (14 December 2017)
- State of Play for End-of-Life Recycling for Off-Grid Solar E-Waste (12 December 2017)
- A Review of the Africa Solar Market (7 February 2017)
- Distributed Solar on the Grid: Key Opportunities and Challenges (17 November 2016)
- Greening the Grid: Implementing Wind and Solar Power Forecasting (21 April 2016)
- The Rapidly Emerging Off-Grid Solar Market (20 April 2016)
- Pay as You Go: A Sunny Future? (16 September 2014)
- Solar Power, Net Metering and the Challenges to the Traditional Utility Model (10 April 2014)
- Bangladesh Solar Home System Program: Lessons Learned (2 October 2013)
Solutions Center expert Luis Crespo has more than 36 years of experience in solar energy development, solar thermal technologies and solar policies. And, the Solutions Center has dozens of other renewable energy experts who are available to provide assistance and in-depth answers to your questions.
Search the Solutions Center's resources library for hundreds of solar resources.
A Policy Brief
Policies to Support Solar Power Deployment is part of the Solutions Center’s Clean Energy Policy Briefs series.
From the International Solar Alliance
ISA Policy and Finance Training Center
In this video, ISA Solar Policy and Finance Training Center instructors provide an overview of the ISA’s webinar training course, and they describe the solar energy policy, finance, market insights, and technology advancement topics covered. (video transcript)
The training course consists of the following eight modules:
- Policies for Distributed PV
- Policies for Large-Scale PV
- The Future of Solar Policy
- Technical Integration of Solar
- Market Integration
- Socioeconomic Aspects of Solar
- Off-grid Solar
- Solar Heating and Cooling
View all of our past webinars on the ISA YouTube playlist.
This factsheet—Expert Connections Empower Bankable Solar Projects—shows how the Solutions Center is offering new ways for ISA member countries to grow their solar expertise.
The ISA Compendium of Global Success Stories in Solar Energy is a valuable resource for policymakers, development finance institutions, social entrepreneurs and developers in improving their understanding of solar energy. It collects case studies from across the globe that were chosen based on new technologies, compelling business models, unique financing structures and enabling policy frameworks.
- Build a network of training, R&D, standardization and technical STAR-centers working on solar energy
- Develop and disseminate training programs (online and in-person) for all solar energy stakeholders, including technicians, trainers, project developers, engineers and policymakers)
- Provide testing and technical certification capabilities to key STAR-centers.