19 February 2020
View Webinar Content
Presentation—Irene Giner-Reichl: Women for Sustainable Energy: Strategies to Foster Women’s Talent for Transformational Change
The Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) in partnership with the Clean Energy Solutions Center hosted this webinar as the fourth in a six-part webinar series on Gender Equality for a More Rapid and Inclusive Energy Transition. The webinar answered the question, what can we do to increase women’s employment in the sustainable energy sector?
The presentation examined:
- How well women are currently integrated into the corporate sustainable energy sector
- Obstacles women encounter
- Recommendations—building on existing experiences and emerging best practice—that can be put forward to promote women’s participation on par with men’s in sustainable energy.
The presentations were followed by an interactive question and answer session with the audience.
- Irina Gaubinger, Project Manager at GWNET (Moderator)
- Irene Giner-Reichl, Austrian Ambassador to Brazil and Suriname and Chairperson of the GWNET Governing Board
- Sheila Oparaocha, International Coordinator and Program Manager at ENERGIA (TBC)
The Clean Energy Solutions Center helps governments, advisors and analysts create policies and programs that advance the deployment of clean energy technologies. The Solutions Center is an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM), a global forum to share best practices and promote policies and programs that encourage and facilitate the transition to a global clean energy economy.
GWNET aims to advance the global energy transition by connecting and empowering women working in sustainable energy in all parts of the world through interdisciplinary networking, advocacy, training, coaching and mentoring. It is a non-profit membership organization with more than 800 members in over 88 countries.